This article first appeared in the My Pandamonium Marketing-SEO Blog on September 18, 2014.
AUTHOR: Dorian Karthauser
Three Power SEO Content Marketing Tips
SEO and Content Marketing Action Items
1. Write Blog posts, using keywords (or key phrases) to be promoted in the Post Title and text content.
2. Format the blog posts correctly: critical. Use Headings h1, h2, h3 in section headings. Use keywords, key phrases and synonyms for your keywords.
3. Distribute the blog post links to your social media accounts.Using a tool like Hootsuite* will be very helpful.
Blogging, Content Marketing and SEO
Why should you write Blog posts?
- Blog posts are creating great SEO in Google Search in 2014.
- For years, I and many others have been recommending that businesses need to write blog posts.
- In 2014 for best SEO Ranking – write blog posts!
- Blog posts are an easy to implement way to use Content Marketing
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is a way to communicate effectively with customers online. No smoke and mirrors; very straight-forward.
Easy Ways to Use Content Marketing for SEO
- Write Blog posts!
- Know those same questions your customers ask you – over and over again?
- Write Blog Posts to answer those questions.
- Does your business or industry have activities involved with use of your products?
- Then write ‘Tips’ Blog posts directed towards your customers or clients.
Example: A Realtor writes a blog post series on ‘Getting your House Ready for Sale’.
SEO TIPS for Blog Posts
1. Google indexes each word in the post link (generated from the Post Title).
2. Google now has the ability to index and provide Search Results for phrases and concepts related to your main Search terms.
3. So in posts/pages – use the main keyword or key phrase several times, 2-3 times in the post.
4. Then, use Searchable synonyms for the keywords. Also include related concepts.
5. BUT – do not ‘stuff’ or overuse keywords and key phrases.
6. Best: just write naturally! your customers will like it – and so will Google.
7. Do use Header tags to break up the text. H1, h2, h3, etc. Google scores use of header tags higher than simply using bold text. And header tags look better.
Stay tuned for more details on Blogging for SEO.
Need Help with Creating Blog Posts or Content Marketing?
Need Classes or Individual Instruction in Blogging, WordPress, SEO or Internet Marketing?